CREATING WELLNESS, FINDING BALANCE:
FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR PATIENTS
A Retreat for Health Professionals
October 24-27, 2017
Applications for CE and CME credits are in process.
Physicians and all health providers are becoming increasingly aware of the essential need for healthy self-care habits forthemselves as well as for their patients. This retreat will focus on how to create positive habits that lead to healthier life-style choices. There will be demonstrations and practice in teaching patients stress reduction, rejuvenation exercise and healthy eating.
Earn CME/CEUs in a beautiful and relaxing retreat setting while learning ways to help yourself and your patients form life-style habits that support health and wellness.
♦Continuing Education Credits
We have applied to offer CME units for physicians, and CEUs for LMFT, LCSW, LPCC and LEP. For Psychologists, though we do not currently offer CEs through the APA, we offer CMEs from AAFP. No psychologists have had these credits denied. Details on the number of units provided will be posted when approved.
♦Goals of the Program
Participants will increase their knowledge and skills, and learn to apply them in their own daily lives and in counseling their patients in the following ways:
- Using goal clarification as a tool in life-style habit formation.
- Making healthy food choices consistent with the Mediterranean-type diet.
- Incorporating 150 min/ wk of moderate exercise.
- Using stress reducing techniques on a regular basis with a goal of 20 min / day.
- Applying data on habit formation strategies to form their own new habits and also to teach and coach their patients.
Click Here for More Information