We get many requests for recipes at Ratna Ling. The most requested by far is Morgan’s roasted tofu served at Sunday brunch.
1. Preheat oven to about 225 degrees.
2. Place the block of tofu in a baking pan large enough to collect the water that drains from the tofu and sprinkle the tofu lightly with sale.
3. Place the pan in the oven to dry until a pool of water developed.
4. Remove from the oven and drain off the collected water.
5. Raise the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
5. Cut the tofu into ¾ to 1-inch cubes and place in a mixing bowl.
6. Gently toss the cubes in a light coating of Braggs aminos and olive oil.
7. Return the tofu to the banking pan and roast at 350 degrees until very lightly browned and heated all the way through.
For Sunday brunch Morgan served the roasted tofu with sauteed white or cremini mushrooms.
Salting the tofu in Step 2 helps draw out the moisture. To save time you can replace the first 4 steps by warming the tofu in a microwave for 1-2 minutes until it is hot. (We do prefer the oven dried method) The final roasting has to be in the oven.