Higher Awareness: Integrating Body, Breath, and Mind – ONLINE
With Abbe Blum, Ph.D.
August 4 - 18, 2020
Tuesdays 5:00-6:00 pm PST
Get a fresh, new perspective on meditation. These three Tuesday classes explore human embodiment as it is explained in Tarthang Tulku’s book, Gesture of Balance. The trio of body, breath, and mind encompasses much more than our usual notions and are studied and worked with in Tibetan Buddhist traditions – meditative, yogic, and medical. “These practices and exercises are useful for integrating ourselves and developing higher awareness. They help to release a flow of energy through our bodies; this energy enriches our senses, calms our restless minds, and brings us peace and balance” (Gesture of Balance, 59).
Notes for Online Classes:
- Your Zoom link will be emailed to you upon registration.
- Please download Zoom 5.0.
- Please have a strong internet connection.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before start time.
- You will need a quiet, uninterrupted space.
- You can use a meditation cushion or chair for the meditation.
- The session will be recorded and shared with each person who registers.
Abbe Blum, Ph.D., teaches Tibetan yoga, contemplation, and mind courses at the Nyingma Institute and Dharma College in Berkeley, California, and has helped to edit some of Tarthang Tulku’s books for Westerners. She is also a faculty member in the Psychology program at Saybrook University. She is part of a team that will be offering Kum Nye Tibetan Yoga teacher training for the first time through the Nyingma Institute, based in Berkeley, CA, and offered online…
Learn more about Abbe Blum, Ph.D.